Saturday, July 24, 2010

treasure

one day someone will find me
they will say to themselves,
i'll dig deep. i'll look past the barrenness of the land
i know that hidden underground
is my treasure.
they will dig down,
and i'll wait here, in my treasure trove.
i won't move or make a sound to encourage her.
when she finds me,
i won't be too happy, because i don't want to be weird or overwhelming, and cause her to run away
but i won't be sad, either, because she might be discouraged and leave in despair,
and think poorly of me,
and remember me as being the treasure that broke her heart
as she walks further and further away
every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mornin'

I had a dream. Just before dawn I was cruising down the highway west. away from all this mess. The mountains ahead of me, deep blue in the ...