Monday, April 20, 2009

dreams

one night while i dreamed that i was flying
i woke up over madrid
i tumbled through the night
and landed in the arms of a new friend.

one night while i dreamed that i was walking
i woke up in a forest surrounded by villains
with my back against the wall
i pulled out my trusty sword and said
it's a good day to die.

one night while i dreamed i was swimming
i woke up in a sea of tears
the pain was so great that i let myself sink to the bottom
but then i remembered you and i knew i had to press on.

one night while i dreamed i was alone
i woke up and i was all alone
i called and called and no one came
but then i fell asleep in your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mornin'

I had a dream. Just before dawn I was cruising down the highway west. away from all this mess. The mountains ahead of me, deep blue in the ...