Sunday, October 3, 2010

Big Time

I'm practicing scales
Gotta train these fingers
Make these strings sing
The song of my heart
The one I haven't written yet
But I know it's in there
The one that's gonna open things up
Change all this mess
I can see it now,
That song is all I need.

She'll look at me with those eyes,
The ones I've always wanted,
And he'll tell me he's proud of me,
And they'll all want my autograph
and they'll hang on my every word
and I'll be invited places
and I can dress cool and act cool,
and pretend it comes so naturally
and when people ask me what's my secret,
I won't tell them the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mornin'

I had a dream. Just before dawn I was cruising down the highway west. away from all this mess. The mountains ahead of me, deep blue in the ...