Saturday, April 25, 2009

My God is My Redeemer

ashes and rubble
smoke and fires
broken years
burning tears
weeping on the floor
crying out at night
the anguish
all alone
bitterness
broken hopes
messes
where are you
lost
confusion
fire thoughts
racing racing
razors on the arms
driven until dawn
focus
hopeless
long for death
waiting for judgment
broken dreams
the enemy in the dark
fear
piercing words out of my mouth
wounding everyone i love
thoughts of guns
testing the railing
late
overslept
overate
oversex
overdark
overnothingness

take this life of death
burn it on your altar
let the fires change a life
let them light up a dark place
crush it into oil
fuel the lamp of hope in a girl's eyes
anoint the head of a young man
seal it with your promise.
go'ali eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mornin'

I had a dream. Just before dawn I was cruising down the highway west. away from all this mess. The mountains ahead of me, deep blue in the ...