Monday, October 12, 2009

Holy Spirit

Wind over the waters stirred them at the Father's command incarnating the potent decrees: I create.
Consuming fire on the mountain burning in witness of the colossal presence amidst the millions: I dwell.
Wrath inspirated into a chosen vessel to annihilate the sons of rejected peoples: Fear me.
Omniscience birthed into visions and dreams contorting spacetime and making plain the unknowable: I speak.
Omnipotence rupturing natural laws in manifest powers reversing processes and creating new physics: I act.
Omnipresence dwarfing creation vibrating all matter and energy in appointed rhythms ordaining every instant with a word of power and witness to every secret: I know.
Compassion overshadowing woman taking on flesh and bearing the fury of my holiness to reconcile: I bleed.
Longsuffering whispering in the hearts of chosen children passionate intoxicating words of promise calling them to reunion: I woo.
Commitment embracing rebellious brokenness faithfully unraveling mysteries, unswerving loyalty accompanying my beloved on journeys, eternal pleasure singing my heart over you: I love.
Forever and ever: I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mornin'

I had a dream. Just before dawn I was cruising down the highway west. away from all this mess. The mountains ahead of me, deep blue in the ...