Friday, October 29, 2010

Good God

You fight for the poor
You stand up against the oppressor and overthrow him
You humble the proud, and exalt the humble
You bring justice to the world
You change wrong into right
You empower the weak
You bring healing to the broken
You teach arrogant bullies a lesson
You are righteous
You reward the righteous and punish the wicked
You love justice and righteousness
You are kind and merciful
You are the God of freedom
You rescue those who are oppressed and downtrodden
You set slaves free
You empower women
You are loving and faithful
You never break your promises
You are trustworthy
You are my Father.
You protect those who seek you
You save those who obey you
You surround those who know you
In freedom, I will praise you:
"I bless you, o God of Justice
May your fame and knowledge increase on the earth
until your ways have possessed the nations!"

1 comment:

Mornin'

I had a dream. Just before dawn I was cruising down the highway west. away from all this mess. The mountains ahead of me, deep blue in the ...